Friday, May 15, 2009

it was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

Hello!
If you know me, you know that I try to stay positive as much as possible. I believe in trying to give off good energy, but, I have to be honest - today was terrible. It seemed to be one of those days where absolutely nothing goes my way. From making dumb mistakes at work, to pouring scalding boiling water on my leg (now blistered and horrible), everything seemed to just go wrong.
Thankfully, I'm going to visit my best friend tomorrow! She lives in New York and I can't wait to see her! We met while studying in Greece and Italy during a few summers ago (I spent two high school summers taking classes in Europe) and became kindred spirits immediately. I still haven't packed... and most likely am going to leave it until tomorrow morning before I go (at 7 am!!!)
Just when I thought there was no way my day could get better, I checked my email to find a bright and shiny letter from the University of Toronto telling me I'd been admitted to transfer there!! I am so excited! I love my current university so much and all my friends there, but my life really is in Toronto, and its very difficult for me to be living away and travelling home on weekends for various social commitments. Next year I'll be living and learning downtown, and I can't wait for this next chapter in my life. I couldn't help but take some pictures by one of the U of T campuses on my way home after dinner.
Maybe a wee bit too much wine at supper? I wore a Vero Moda cape, and a Matthew Williamson for H&M vest that I picked up yesterday!
Off to bed for me now, next week I'm looking forward to putting a lot more time into blogging, I really miss reading everybody's blogs daily! Also, I'm going to be doing a hair/makeup post next week so if you have any questions about that stuff, that you want to ask me, please leave them! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...