Thursday, April 30, 2009

c'mon baby play me something like here comes the sun

Hey Loves!
It's been a good week. Lots of appointments and lots of fun too - busy busy, just how I like it. I've misplaced my calendar in my move home though, so I'm falling apart a little bit without it. I keep both a day planner and a calendar, and when they're out of sync, everything becomes scattered. I really need to start unpacking!

Spent yesterday with my lovely mother. We had afternoon tea and then went to some thrift stores and a Chinese market. I got a coconut-taro bubble tea with tapioca, which may be one of my favourite things ever, though I always get so full after only finishing 1/4 of it.
This look is inspired by Alex Wang's concept of "M.O.D". Wearing a thrifted plaid shirt, Abercrombie tank, Habitual Jeans and Jeffrey Campbell shoes. I've had these jeans for something like 5 years, and even though they're 2 sizes smaller than the size I wear now, they still seem to fit, I love how I've worn them in - I can hardly believe they used to be a dark indigo.

I'm also excited about my new bag! I'm not really a bag person - I get excited by shoes and clothes. I carry a Marc Jacobs Stam every day, and rotate 2 envelope clutches for the evening. But, as I'll be overseas this summer, I needed a huge bag to carry everything I need. After debating over a great Cole Haan classic tote, and some fun Marc by Marc's, I came across this Joe Fresh bag which is exactly what I need for so much cheaper - and it can carry a litre of water, 4 magazines and my Canon rebel comfortably. Perfect.

p.s. for those of you who asked about shiny eyelids - I never noticed it before but I'm glad you like it! My "secret" is to rub Carmex on my eyelashes before I put on mascara and eyeliner. The wax sticks my eyelashes up so I don't have to curl them before mascara (I'm convinced curlers are terrible for your lashes), and also makes it easy to line my eyes b/c the pencil just glides along. I guess the residue makes my lids shiny as a result!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...