Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Goodwill Hunting

Today is the day before my last exam, so why am I finding it so hard to study? You would think that I would be even more motivated because there is only one left but.. nope.

A couple weeks ago I attended my local Goodwill's 99cent sale. For 30 dollars I got so many lovely items, about about 20 blazers (including last post's) for only a dollar a piece! Today's coat was from there too. It is soo tacky in the best way possible, I fell in love as soon as I saw it. And for 99cents - how can you say no?? Wearing thrifted coat, AA pleather tube dress, random white tee, NastyGal Vintage sunnies.

I was recently interviewed by the lovely Michelle at La Bloesj. You can see it here. It's in Dutch, so I'll post a couple of my answers here:
How do you describe your own fashionstyle?
I would describe my daytime style as comfortable chic. I usually wear high heels, but I have a large collection of flat boots to wear during Canadian winters. At night, I go for a more “rock and roll” look, with tight fitting dresses and statement accessories. I always like to have a little edge to what I’m wearing.
Do you shop often, and what are your favourite stores?
I am ALWAYS shopping. My favourite stores are Holt Renfrew and Aritizia (Canadian stores) and vintage stores. My favourite designers are Marc Jacobs, Elizabeth and James, Marni, Alexander Wang, Donna Karen and Stella McCartney. I also shop at Forever 21, H&M, American Apparel and Urban Outfitters for less expensive everyday clothes and GoJane for inexpensive shoes.
What is your favourite trend of this moment?
I really love massive platform heels, as well as baggy boyfriend style jeans for summer.
Do you have a fashiontip or a last word for the visitors of LaBloesj.nl?
Fashion is meant to be fun! Play around with colours and fabrics, don’t be afraid to wear something that no one else is wearing. Never wear something just because it is trendy, always put your own personal touch onto your outfit.
Anyways! Back to the books for me. Next time you hear from me I will be as free as a bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...