Friday, September 24, 2010

Fashion! fashion! fashion!


Fresh back from London Fashion Week and feeling sartorially inspired, I felt a short focus on fashion was in order. Happily there was no sign of our expectant Mantis at the event I went to - I would not of wanted to be faced with her Stunningness in the flesh - there's only so much a person can take! She was safely sightseeing round a schloss in Germany but it did give me cause to reflect on the calibre of her maternity wear thus far, even though I realise I will never be as gawguss, successful, or as stunninge as her.....

- First of all there is of course that Hat - I understand that one's hair gets greasy when one has a bun in the oven but I would of though Run DMC weren't the best people to take your style direction from when choosing a hat, there are many cute styles out there at the moment that would serve the same purpose hair wise, but would look chic as well!

- Skinny jeans are also an interesting choice for someone who is 5 months pregnant - I would of though there is a reason why maternity jeans tend to have a maternity panel but not where our Mantis is concerned - perhaps thats because she only has a sandwich sometimes - and not every day for lunch like the rest of us!

- Then of course there is that see through travel dress - admittedly it looks comfy (though to be fair it also looked comfy at its original length) but I'm not sure that a 75% transparency rating is a look you rock whilst up the duff..

Apparently they are both due in Italy for a Vogue event over the weekend, it will be interesting to see what formal maternity wear looks like in her book..... Generally her public evening event wardrobe seems one hell of a lot better put together than what she pulls of au naturel.... still I guess thats why you have a stylist...

I just hope Orlando leaves the killer collar at home - though the boots could probably work in the right setting !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...