Wednesday, March 3, 2010

l.e.s artistes

These are the last of the New York pictures, I promise. The MoMA is home to some of my favourite pieces of art in the world. I don't share much of my personal interests on my blog, but modern art is something I'm extremely passionate about. As I get older, I have a feeling my funds will be directed less towards clothing, and more towards great art. (This Christmas' sketch is a questionable first for the collection, right Terry? haha.) Warhol, Matisse, dirty/pretty alleys, Mondrian, Monet & my uber chic mother, Picasso, cafe... it was a nice day.

p.s. I guess I would be very unpatriotic if I didn't say hooray CANADA for setting the record in most gold medals ever, and of course, for winning gold in hockey (the only winter sport that REALLY matters). Having the Olympics in my country created a tangible spirit of national pride that I've never felt before in Toronto. For the first time in my life I sat in front of the television riveted by curling and speed skating... who knew? However, as much as I enjoyed it, I'm looking forward to my daily Friends reruns being back on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...