Sunday, June 21, 2009

she likes electro, she love hiphop; she like the reggae, she feel punk rock

Hey Loves!
Very full weekend of going out, having a girls night out, seeing movies and celebrating father's day. (Love you Daddy, hope you liked your new socks!)
I picked up the latest Black Eyed Peas album, and I really have to encourage everyone to go get it! I loooveee BEP (I might even go so far as to say I'm their biggest fan) and I'm also really into electro music, and this new cd is the best fusion. Check out "Rock That Body" and "I Gotta Feeling"

Also, the most beautiful Rodellee interviewed me as the Blog of the Month for her awesome site Adorevintage.com, which was such an honor considering I've been a fan of both Adorevintage and her personal blog for so long. Here's a few of my answers:

We love your style, it's sort of a mix between edgy, girlie, vintage, and new wave... so we're wondering who are your style icons?
My style is a bit all over the place, I have a hard time defining it! Icons are definitely Ashley Olsen, Dree Hemingway, and right now I'm loving some of the outfits that the Cobrasnake photographs (hello Tallulah Morton). I draw most of my inspiration from magazine editorials, designer lookbooks, and random images that I see on a daily basis, including some fashion blogs.
Other than blogging, what other things do you enjoy doing?
Of course, I enjoy shopping. Hunting around in vintage and thrift stores is my favorite, because its so rewarding when I score an awesome piece. Other than that, my life consists of drinking a lot of coffee, reading (I'm specializing in English at university), travelling, going out to new clubs and bars, practicing yoga and going to movies.
Last place you traveled to?
I recently returned from an amazing weekend in Montreal. The city is incredible, perfect mix of Canadian downtown with hints of Europe everywhere. Next stop for me is London, England in a few weeks, and hopefully Boston later in the summer.
Your hair and make-up always look flawless, other than apparent good genes, what are some of your beauty secrets?
I owe everything to my mother who has perfect skin, without the use of Botox or fancy creams. I'm afraid genes really are the answer for me. I don't take very good care of my skin (I'll go for days without taking off my makeup), but I am addicted to face lotion, and I never go to bed without applying a thick night cream. I think that, as cliche as it sounds, moisturizing and drinking water really are the keys to good skin. I never leave the house without sunglasses on during the day and I don't suntan - I'm all about wrinkle prevention. And for hair, I don't wash it too often (every other day at most) and always let it dry naturally. My beauty regime is pretty low key.

Click HERE for the rest of the interview. Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...