Friday, December 3, 2010

LouLou Beauty Challenge

Hi All,
A few weeks ago, I mentioned taking a quick trip to Montreal, and now I can finally tell you all about it! LouLou Magazine flew Cindy from True North Style and I to Montreal for a night for us to be featured in their beauty challenge! 3 bloggers and 3 editors from the magazine were given one of 6 famous celebrity looks. I was given Blake Lively's golden waves, which I was super excited about. I don't often have hair envy, but I've always loved Blake's beachy waves.

If you head over to the website, you can see the exact steps for achieving the Blake Lively look here: www.louloumagazine.com/beautychallenge. And click here to see a video of the process: HEREWe had to wake up at 6 am for our 7 o'clock call time (the earliest I've been up in years!). When we checked in the night before, it was dark, so it was amazing to open the drapes in our hotel room the next morning. The sun was barely up, but the view from our room was so gorgeous.Sitting in the makeup chair. You can't tell, but I'm actually sleeping in this picture. Almost. LouLou asked us to try and recreate our looks this weekend based on the instructions in the video. For a girl who only likes to spend 5 minutes on my hair, the process took a little more time than I'm used to, but I love the look. It didn't turn out quite as well as Amelie did it, but not bad for my first try! One of the best parts of the trip was getting to meet some of the bloggers I've been in contact with since almost the beginning of my blog like Stephanie from Le Cheap C'est Chic and Stephanie from Modern Antoinette, as well as meeting and travelling with Cindy from True North Style. We had a great dinner out at La Salle a Manger the night we arrived and a great time shooting the next day, despite the early hours! Thumbs up for a fun shoot. Thank you so much LouLou, Steph and Rosalie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...