Monday, December 13, 2010

goodbye ruby tuesday

Hi All.
Lately I've been:
  • studying for my final exam en français
  • finishing "Just Kids" by Patti Smith. It's probably one of the best memoirs I've ever read. I highly, highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in the early 70's scene in NYC. It's so inspiring to follow her journey with Robert Mapplethrope, and absolutely heartbreaking towards the end. It's a beautiful elegy to the true ground-breaking genius that he was
  • emailing back and forth with my love miss Frassy. Check out the new ad on my sidebar for her blog and amazing vintage shop Frassy Rags!
  • kind of changing up my look. I'm not sure if I've caught the Alexa Chung bug or if I've been listening to too much France Gall, but something about looking a little more girly and put together is really appealing right now. Give me princess cut coats, pleated skirts, peter pan collars and anything velvet and mini. I tend to dress a little more ladylike when I'm in Palm Beach, and since I'll be heading there again in just a few weeks, maybe the trend is just starting early.
  • going to afternoon tea with my Mum, at the same tea room we've been going to ever since I was a toddler. It's in a restored house built in 1885, and it serves the best scones as cream tea.

(wearing NastyGal Vintage "Alexa" dress, vintage Dooney & Bourke purse and vintage Ferragamo oxfords)
xo E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...