Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson

As I type this post, the grey, rainy day has me wishing for the warm sun in these photos. The past few weeks have been full of nightmares and to-do lists, with intermittent rays of sunshine. With the G20 conference in Toronto this weekend, I'll be staying far, far away from my apartment downtown and (fingers crossed) sitting in the sunshine drinking lemonade in the riot-free suburbs.
As soon as I laid eyes on this Topshop romper, I knew it was mean to be mine, and since recently Topshop started shipping to Canada, I had it sitting in my closet a week later. Now, the wait time is even shorter, as Topshop has officially arrived at Toronto's Jonathan and Olivia boutique (49 Ossington Ave.). I haven't visited since the expansion, but I'd love to hear from any of you who have.

** A note on nail Minxing: I've gotten a lot of questions via email and formspring about my silver nails. Minxing is actually a sticker that is cut to fit your nail shape and then heated on to your nails, it's not a nail polish. Altogether, it cost about $50ish at Toronto's Heartbreaker Salon (889 Dundas St. W), which is, as far as I know, the only place that does Minxing (though Sephora now carries a kind of DIY Minx here.) It lasted about a week before the ends started to look worn. It looks great and was a ton of fun to have, but just as a warning, the ends are pretty rough and catch on fabrics, which is aggravating and, also, when I eventually did peel them off, my nails were pretty dead and unhappy looking, and it's taken me 2 weeks to get them back in shape. I'd get it done again, but not for a while. **
xo E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...