Sunday, March 11, 2012

Academy Awards 2012

As many of you know, I am a huge awards show junkie, which is why I was oh so excited that I was able to attend the Academy Awards Red Carpet while I was in Los Angeles last month. A member of my friend Anna's family attends the Oscars every year, and he was able to get us seats in the bleachers right next to the carpet! It was probably one of the best times I've ever had.
This is going to be a bit of a photo-heavy post, and not of the outfit variety, so bear with me! Also, these were taken on everything from my video camera to my Blackberry, so forgive the varying sizes and quality.
Good Morning Oscar! We had to arrive at the Red Carpet for 8am to go through security and get our passes! It was absolutely freezing, so I wore a Wilfred silk trench coat and a sweater over my dress! In the morning the carpet is filled with international camera crews, most of whom have to leave the carpet before 11am. We were interviewed by media outlets from all over the world, including China, Australia and Armenia.
The stars began to arrive around 2pm. Tim Gunn was the first person to show up (other than GMA's Robin Roberts). He was super friendly, as you would expect.
Milla Jovavich's dress was one of my absolute favourites. The way it flowed when she walked was magical.I didn't love Rose Byrne's attitude, but I did like the back of her dress.My fellow Canadian, Christopher Plummer, looked incredibly handsome in his navy velvet suit jacket.Jessica Chastain was just as wonderful as I imagined she would be, but she's even more beautiful in real life. I didn't love her dress but I thought it really suited her. Behind her you can see Shailene Woodley in a white Valentino dress to her left, and Melissa McCarthy to her right.

I actually took this photo of John Corbet (A.K.A Aiden from Sex and the City!!) and didn't realize till later that Jennifer Lopez was also in it! The one thing about the red carpet that you don't see on tv is how the celebs are totally together like sardines at certain points of the carpet.

These are just to give you an idea of what the bleachers look like. I'm wearing a dress that I picked up at Forever21 in The Grove. I bought it a few sizes too big so that it had that oversized look that I love.

Gwyneth Paltrow was best dressed by FAR in my opinion. The effect of the cape in real life was breathtaking.. it was a true fashion moment.

It was total pandemonium when Brad and Anglina arrived on the carpet. It didn't show on tv, but they were actually super late and many of the tv hosts had actually gone inside or started packing up. Angelina was even more beautiful in real life, if that's possible.

So anyhow, I know that was a ton of pictures but thanks for sticking with me till the end! It was an amazing experience, followed by a fun night of watching the Oscars and then going out (after a quick outfit change) to a few afterparties. x E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...